Saturday, January 21, 2017

Removing The Object From the Print Bed

I had the hardest time the first time I tried removing a large item from my print bed. I learned that with PLA you don't need to heat the print bed and that made a huge difference, but the other difference was using the right tools. I always keep a layer of blue painters tape on the print bed and sometimes pulling the tape off makes it easier to remove the object. The best solution I've found is to use some specially designed 3D print separator tools. You can see links for both of what I use in the boxes to the right side of this blog. If you look online you can find flexible print beds that allow your objects to "pop" right off. I don't have any experience with these.

1 comment:

  1. Are searching for the best company in Alberta for the best 3D laser scanning service? Then you should contact Onsite3D. Because Onsite3D is the best company in Alberta that provides the best 3D scanning service. Visit their site to know more 3d laser scanner Calgary, Alberta

    ReplyDelete