Saturday, January 21, 2017

Tragedy Strikes

I set the printer on the floor out of the way until I could take it to my school. While my 8 year old was goofing off, he rolled onto the print bed and snapped the soldered connected for the heating element. Busted.



JG Aurora's customer support had great reviews and so I was confident I could quickly get it up and running again. That wasn't entirely true. The email address listed on their customer support webpage didn't work and so I ended up having a Skype chat with someone named Anne Qiu. She sent me a link to to order a new heating bed (https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Most-popular-high-precision-3d-printer-kit-free-shipping-desktop-3d-printer-FDM-3d-printer-kit/1759640_32343100310.html?spm=2114.12010608.0.0.kR5dZP).

Let me tell you, Aliexpress doesn't mess around with security. I'm not sure if they do this with every new customer or if it was because I listed a different shipping address than my billing address, but they canceled my order and insisted that I appeal the purchase. The appeal consisted of me sending them pictures of my credit card and driver's license. I ended up emailing them too, because the appeals process was supposed to take 3 days and I hadn't heard anything after 5 days of waiting--I suspect they were super busy as this occurred right around Christmas.

My new part showed up a few days later and I was back in business.

No comments:

Post a Comment