Saturday, January 21, 2017

Some Assembly Required


This sucker took about 8 hours to put together including breaks. Here's a sped-up video of what to expect with assembly. The printed instructions would have been a nightmare to try to follow, but fortunately, the printer comes with a flash drive full of videos that show every step of the instructions. I created two problems when I assembled my printer. First, I didn't make sure this piece was flush with the mounting bracket:

It looked like it was "flush enough" but later on when I tried attaching the screw rods, I couldn't get the rods to be parallel. After taking the bracket back off and putting it on again, the screw rod turned perfectly. Second, I didn't leave enough slack in the wires that connect to the Z-motor, the one that goes up and down. Because the amount of wire that was free to move was too short, during one of my prints the motor actually unplugged itself and the print was ruined. You'll want to extend the motors to their furthest positions and make sure your wires are long enough to reach the motors without tension.

No comments:

Post a Comment