Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Small Spinner

I wanted a smaller spinner for younger hands. This one seemed perfect. Before slicing it in Cura, I opened the STL file in TinkerCad and added a boy's name to the side.

On a related note, I've found that if you want to put skateboard bearings into 3D printed objects, they benefit tremendously from a drop of Gorilla Glue between the bearing and the plastic (otherwise the bearings keep popping out). Just make sure you clear off the excess glue and prevent it from getting inside the bearings. I suspect you could scale the print down to 98% or so to make the snugness between the bearings and the spinner more tight, but I worry that then you wouldn't be able to push the bearing into place.


Here are the settings for this print:

Here is the link for the object: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1885646

No comments:

Post a Comment